WHISKEY WINTER WARMER RECIPE
1 measure of Irish Whiskey
2 teaspoons of Sugar Syrup
Squeeze of Honey
Whisking up the Warmer…
- You can add as much or as little you like, depending on your sweet tooth!
- Add a dash of apple juice to the sugar syrup to give it an extra flavour. If you are making the sugar syrup at home, simply add one cup of brown sugar and one cup of boiling water, add the water to the sugar and stir till all the sugar is gone.
- 4 dashes of Angostura Bitters (available in Bradley’s, North Main Street Cork) also available in orange bitters if you prefer.
- Final touch add a squeeze of Honey.
- Place all into a pre-heated glass with the measure of whiskey and add hot water.
- To finish grate some lemon and orange zest into the Winter Warmer.
- Gently place a lemon peel curl over the glass or to the edge to garnish if you’re feeling extra fancy!