Welcome To The Metropole A Classic Hotel In Cork City Centre
A Beautiful City Centre Hotel In Cork - Looking After Guests For Over 120 years
The Metropole Hotel Cork is one of the best-known hotels in Cork City centre and is renowned for its fine hospitality.
The Metropole is a unique Cork hotel serving in the hospitality sector for over 120 years and has just completed a €2.5 million euro refurbishment to the hotel’s guestrooms and The MET the hotel’s bar and bistro.
With its central location it has become one of many people’s favourite whilst visiting Cork City and surrounding areas. Just a short walk from Patricks Street, an area renowned for it’s shopping and socialising with boutiques, theatres and galleries. It is also close to Cork’s business centre making it an ideal location for both the leisure and business guest.
During your stay you can relax in one of elegantly decorated bedrooms which offers you a complimentary tea and coffee welcome tray, WiFi and room service. An ensuite bathroom equipped with power showers and baths allowing you unwind in comfort after a day at the office or walking the streets of Cork.
Guests can also avail of our Leisure Centre which has a large indoor 20 metre swimming pool, hot tub, sauna and gym.
Our Riverview Restaurant has breath-taking views overlooking Cork’s famous River Lee and city centre. Breakfast is served here offering you a selection of fresh fruit, pastries, cereals along with the classic full Irish! Open daily offering you an extensive lunch and dinner menu. Our restaurant is the perfect place to celebrate your special occasion or private event.
- Central Location: Located in Cork's Victorian Quarter, The Metropole Hotel is a short stroll from the many excellent shops, boutiques, restaurants, bars and theatres the city has to offer. This makes The Metropole Hotel the ideal base for a Cork city break.
- Best Price Guarantee: By booking direct on our website and cutting out the middlemen we guarantee you the best price for your room.
- Public Transport: The hotel is also located close to the rail and bus station, making it easily accessible.
- Relax: The Metropole Hotel is a hotel of old world charm and character coupled with exceptional service and modern day comforts. Guests enjoy complementary super fast 300 MB wifi and free online newspapers and magazines.
- Bar and Restaurant: The MET Bar at the Metropole Hotel Cork has just completed an extensive refurbished and is situated at the front of the hotel, along MacCurtain Street. It is a spacious, elegant and stylish bar, split over two levels. The MET possesses a wonderful relaxing and intimate ambience. The MET offers great food with dishes made from the finest local produce, served daily from 12.00 until 10pm.
- Leisure Centre: All guests staying at the Metropole Hotel Cork, can also enjoy complimentary access to Leeside Leisure Centre which include a 20m Swimming Pool, with three pool areas, Jacuzzi, Sauna, Steam Room and a fully equipped gym with cardiovascular and weights area.
- Car Parking: Secure Car Parking is available in St Patricks Quay Car Park for a discounted price of €7.50 per 24 hours and is located just a two minute walk from the Hotel with the pedestrian entrance on MacCurtain Street. The entrance for cars is located on St Patricks Quay and car park passes should be collected from reception before checking in.
'My wife and I spent a two nights in the Metropole Hotel, mid-week. It is a lovely old hotel going back to the late 19th century. We were greeted by Shauna at reception. She was friendly and most welcoming. This set the tone for a very enjoyable stay. Marie also on reception was most helpful.
We had asked for a quiet room, which we got, overlooking the river Lee. The roomwas very adequate in size and the decoration was fresh. We had dinner in the restaurant, which was excellent. We were looked after very well by Helen.
This hotel is very central. The staff are excellent. The value is very good.'
Review from Lennie26 via TripAdvisor.