Meet our Events & Conference Sales Manager Janice Casey
We caught up with Janice ahead of the return of business events at our hotel to discover her top productivity tips and advice for balancing business and leisure.
1. How do you start your day?
Always with a positive thought! Then I stick to a very strict time schedule for ensuring a great start to the day. I have 2 beautiful boys and we work together as a great team to get out of the house in the morning. I have the pleasure of chatting to them about the day ahead on the car journey before I get to work and put on my Sales and Corporate hat and the to-do list is open.
2. At The Metropole, we have a great view of the city Aside from that, where’s your favourite view in Cork?
It has to be from the top of Patrick’s hill at night time, what a wonderful sight of the city this is. This spot is also where a scene from the famous Young Offenders movie was filmed. See more film locations here.
3. If you could have any superpower what would it be?
A gagic wand to heal all sickness.
4. What’s your favourite social media platform?
Twitter for work as it a great forum for information. It is also a fantastic networking tool for business professionals, but I also love Instagram for Social catch-ups.
5. What drew you to work at Trigon Hotels?
I have always heard great things about Trigon Hotels and especially about how they empower and encourage their team members to pursue their career goals so when the opportunity arose I was thrilled to be able to join the group.
6. What’s your biggest achievement to date – Personal or professional?
My biggest achievement to date is being a mom to two beautiful, well-rounded, polite and caring young boys. It’s both the easiest and hardest job in the world being a mom but also one that gives 100% satisfaction and unconditional love.
7. What has been your highlight since joining the team?
Getting to know each and every person individually and becoming part of the Trigon Family, it’s amazing to work in such a fantastic and supportive environment.
8. What’s your favourite tipple?
Prosecco with a Strawberry on the glass of course.
9. If you could invite anyone to a drink at The MET Bar, who would you ask?
Barack Obama, I would love to have a conversation with him as I think he is extremely charismatic, intelligent, considerate and would have great knowledge to pass on.
10. How are you managing to maintain your physical and mental wellbeing during COVID-19?
I have the pleasure of taking part in a wonderful course in Trigon to become a Mental Health First Aider and it has helped me to help others but also to help myself keep a positive mind frame and know when to just take a minute.
We as a family are also lucky to live in the countryside so we go for a walk every evening no matter the weather and it have really helped to keep us physically well during this time.
11. Working closely with our corporate guests, you must know a thing or two about productivity, what’s your top tip to be your most effective at work?
Planning is very important to me. Creating and sticking to a plan or to-do list is important. Ticking items off the list creates a sense of pride at the end of the day for productivity.
12. What are you currently listening to? (can be a radio station, podcast, audio book, album, vinyl or other)
Pink 2020 playlist, I love music that inspires and I find this particular playlist very empowering.
13. Name one place in Cork you would recommend to visitors as a must-see/do?
The English Market, it’s steeped in history and some of the friendliest people you will ever meet. There is a real sense of community and camraderie about the marketplace and for visiting guests, its a wonderful location to meet and chat with the vendors, benefitting from their knowledge and expertise and to get a real sense of Pure Cork. It is also my number one stop for fantastic local produce with a variety of Fish stalls, Chocolate shops, butchers, hot food, artisanal bakeries, vintage stores and holistic/organic stalls to choose from.
14. Top Netflix recommendation?
Cobra Kai – Karate Kid – there is something very nostalgic about this for me.
15. Where’s the one place you’d like to fly to when we can travel again?
Disney World Florida, it’s a huge dream for my 2 boys to visit so I would love at the end of all of this to make this a reality for them.
Our spaces suit any event, catering from 2 to 450 people. Rooms include complimentary Wi-Fi, air conditioning, stationery, flip charts, projector and screens and clickshare technology.
To book a meeting room or ballroom, plan an event or organising a team building activity, contact Janice Casey :
T: +353 (21) 4643771