Enjoy the perfect Whiskey Sour at home
St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner, and whether you are heading out for the long weekend or planning on staying home to avoid the hustle & bustle, you should treat yourself to a little tipple.
Our Head Mixologist, Kevin, has put together a recipe for the perfect Whiskey Sour to enjoy a taste of Ireland. Combining what is known as the ‘The Big 3’ in the cocktail world; Spirit, Citrus & Sugar, this cocktail is a classic & a huge seller in The MET Bar.
- 50ml Jameson Irish Whiskey or Bourbon
- 25ml Fresh Lemon Juice
- 15ml Rich Demarara Syrup
- Whites of 1 Egg
- 4 Dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1 Dashes Orange Bitters
- Chill whiskey glass with ice.
- Add all ingredients to shaker.
- Shake ingredients with no ice in the shaker. This is referred to as a ‘Dry Shake’. This gives your cocktail that frothy & smooth texture from the egg whites.
- Now add ice to the shaker & shake.
- Fine strain into your glass.
- Garnish with a lemon & orange twist & enjoy!
Tips From Our Mixologist
- Demarara syrup is the exact same as Simple/Sugar Syrup, except by using Demarara, you get a much more rich, toasty sugar flavour in your cocktail, giving much more layered taste in your cocktail. To make, combined 150g Demarara sugar with 150ml water into a small saucepan and dissolve sugar over a medium heat. This can be stored in a glass jar for up to a month.
- Egg whites do not have to be used, however if you do omit this ingredient you won’t have the same silky texture.
Please enjoy responsibly. For over 18’s only.