Kinsale Mead Co. Tours
Spend an hour on an entertaining, fun experience learning all about Mead. Mead, also known as “honey wine,” is believed to be the world’s oldest alcoholic drink, dating back to 6000 BC. Kinsale Mead is Ireland’s first meadery in almost 200 years. Using a blend of ancient recipes and modern techniques, Kate and Denis Dempsey have resurrected a love of Mead through the sustainably made, award-winning meads created at their family run meadery. Each batch is lovingly hand crafted with care and passion using the best local and natural ingredients.
Highlights of a tour at Kinsale Mead Co. include:
- Insights into Kinsale Meads: light and refreshing, fermented off dry (12% ABV wine strength)
- Myths & Legends: the story and evolution of Mead through the centuries
- Bee Judgments: how Ireland’s Bee Laws protected the bees, taste three unique raw honeys
- Process: modern mead making from fermentation, through to maturation and bottling
- Tasting: sample award-winning meads and cocktails in the Meadery’s oak bar tasting room
- Family Run: the owners love to share their passion and knowledge!
The safety of the visitors and team at Kinsale Mead Co is of upmost importance to them and they will be following the latest guidelines for tours. The Kinsale Mead Co has also been approved by the Fáilte Ireland Covid-19 Safety Charter. Tours will run Tuesday to Sunday at noon, 2pm & 4pm. Tickets cost €15 and can be pre booked on their website www.kinsalemeadco.ie/kinsale-meadery-tours/
For more information on prices and tour availability see our website or contact:
Phone: 021 477 3538
Book online: www.kinsalemeadco.ie/kinsale-meadery-tours
Address: Unit 5, Barrack Lane, Kinsale, Co Cork, P17XV10
Facebook/ Twitter/ Instagram: @KinsaleMeadCo
Parking Available. Wheelchair accessible. Not suitable for children.
If you would like to build in a Kinsale Mead Co tour as part of your corporate visit to the Metropole Hotel Cork, please speak to our conference and banqueting coordinator who would be happy to facilitate arrangements with the Kinsale Mead Co team.