Franciscan Well Brewery Cork City
Craft Beers and Brewery Tours Cork City
Learn how award-winning beer is brewed on the site of a 12th century Franciscan Monastery
Tours – Beer Tastings – Cocktail bar – Beer Festivals – Woodfired Pizza – Award winning outdoor space – Traditional Music – Irish Story Telling
Widely known by locals and tourists alike, the Franciscan Well Brewpub, based in the heart of Cork city, has a deep- rooted passion for brewing and distilling. The Brewpub has won numerous awards including Best Tourist Bar and Best Outdoor space and the beers have won awards for their outstanding quality and taste.
Tours & Tastings of the local brewery provides visitors the ultimate craft beer experience; bringing them on a journey from the rebellious monks right up until the present day, hearing how local ingredients impact the flavours of beers and learning how to judge and taste beers like a pro.
Within ‘The Well’ as known by friends, a large outdoor space is surrounded by the walls of the old Franciscan monastery, the unique atmosphere is derived from a mix of the enthusiasm and creative nature of the brewers and the diverse crowd made up of patrons and craft beer lovers.
Key highlights of experiences with the Franciscan Well Brewpub:
- Tasting innovative and award-winning Irish beers made using local ingredients.
- Insights into the culture of brewing in the heart of Cork city.
- Learning about the landscape, where they get the grain, farming, the soils, growing of hops and how the ingredients impact the final product
- Opportunities to interact with locals and other craft beer lovers
- Weekly entrainment such as traditional Irish music and Irish Story Telling
- Experience some of Ireland’s longest running Beer Festivals.
- Wood-fired pizza oven, made from self-milled flour and all locally sourced ingredients.